This is not the Office of the Future – post on OfficeInsight makes good observations about a tendency to “look at only one part of the elephant” when it comes to designing our future office environments. After calling out four recent ‘high profile’ reports (with links) the author elaborates on these points:
- They place undue focus on Generation Y.
- They like gimmicky designs.
- They ignore the complexities of behaviour and motivation.
- They fail to distinguish between people and technology.
- They subvert language.
- They focus too much on extroverts.